Wednesday 28 April 2010

Great Help From People Around Me

I'm new to this business lark.

I did business studies at school, but it was probably 8 years too early for me.

I am the Jack Rodwell of the business world.  I have great potential.  I have alot of skill.  I just lack experience, but one day I could be world class! :)

Im a novice when it comes to stuff from the HMRC or Companies house I just don't understand it, and i'm sure im not alone in this thought.

I don't know how i'd ever put together a water-tight business plan to a brilliant investor.  After all Investors have been there done that, they will know every little fault in my business plan inside and out.
They will have the Financial knowledge that I am pretty much dyslexic on.  I'm rubbish with numbers!

BUT, I keep coming across fantastic people that keep teaching me stuff, whether its to do with servers and web design, or whether its to do with organisations that can help me progress.  Everyone seems to help.

A guy I work with is being a fantastic help.  I won't name him as he probably won't want to be.  He has been a breath of fresh air in my work, he really knows his stuff.  He was also part of a new business enterprise initiative and he is helping me without a second thought.  He is giving me some great advice, and I will definately take it on board, he's also helping me with the hard forms from Companies House and the HMRC.

I've also had a call today from Rotherham Enterprise, I met them at the Enterprise Show in Sheffield run by business link.  They work very similiar to business link, helping Rotherham business's to get to a stage where they are ready and set for the market.  Im due to meet their adviser to talk through my 3 plans that i have put together.  Those plans could quite easily turn into 6 at the drop of a hat, so times are exciting.

The forums that I talked about in earlier blogs are also proving to be a good find, they are providing me some brilliant ideas and inspiration aswell as some sound knowledge.

I have a difficult couple of weeks coming up with some private stuff that is business related, but I can't talk about this on here.

The missus is at a templespa party tonight and i've just got in from basketball, so im just chilling out writing my blog.  Im on atkins diet so im shattered, but i'm still full of ideas which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my posts, any ideas are greatly appreciated