Wednesday 19 May 2010

Sales Forecasting - Where dreams are made...

Not a massive amount to report the last few weeks.  I have had various quotes back from web design companies that are looking at winning my business.  I am still in the process of getting my business plans ship shape and these are coming along nicely.  I have also had 1 more idea which I think could potentially be the golden ticket of the 4 plans.

I've come to the forecasting and profit and loss (p&l) side of the plans, and this is very difficult for me to predict/forecast.  I went onto companies house and download accounts from some relevant companies to find out what they are turning over, so I am using these to get to my final figure.  I find it difficult to say how many people will come to my sites and pay.  I have done year ones forecast and I'm halfway through year 2's figures.
The figures I put down are very very important, they are the numbers that investors will look at to see if they will make a gain on their money.  They will need to see enough return to enable an exit strategy should they need to make a quick win.  I think what i've put down is okay, but i'm going to get the advice of some business people for any help.

On another note, i've come across a company via a friend that will get certain sites up and running for a stake in the return (along as a certain number of people register), it looks like an interesting concept for one of the ideas so im going to find out more.  Even if its an option for a couple of years its definately worth looking into.  When i've got the information back ill post on here how it works.  I just need to see if they can support the methods that I am to launch.

I am still trying to get my meeting booked with Rotherham Enterprise also, trying to work it around work is the hard part.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on my posts, any ideas are greatly appreciated